- Regional membership has never been more important
- Changes are taking place quickly in psychology
- Individuals can make a difference
- Ensure that your voice is heard
- School Psychology, a multifaceted profession, is at the intersection of changes in psychology
- Peer solidarity has never been more needed
- Stay informed of changes in our profession
- Listing in the NCPA online Membership Directory
- Through the list-serve and website you will receive information relevant to psychological issues.
- As a licensed psychologist in private practice, your name will be listed on
NCPA's referral service by specialty type and location of practice – accessible
through the website and by telephone
- As a school psychologist, you may choose to become active in the School Psychology Committee which:
- keeps abreast of legislative/regulatory changes
- takes part in efforts to influence policy in Albany
- develops a program of workshops for school psychologists addressing contemporary issues
- Member discounts apply to NCPA/NPSI sponsored and co-sponsored events
- Access to the Members Only section of this website, including exclusive content such as: office space listings, employment opportunities, online member directory, and the ability to participate in the private practice and school psychology email list serves.
- Legal Plans are available allowing discounted consultation with legal experts in mental health.
- NCPA administration acts as a clearinghouse and network of information on any topic relevant to psychology. You will be referred to members with expertise in areas of concern.
- Fellowship, networking and professional development opportunities are found through conferences, workshops and online member interaction.
- All members may participate in working committees. Each committee sets its
course in response to current concerns.